Sunday, February 15, 2009

..story of my life...

I am constantly complaining about how this wonderful economy is screwing with the enjoyment of my job... 

-from the constant nagging from all stores being unhappy for any possible reason that requires them to use their brain.   

-to endless repetition of my boss' "smart ass" remarks. even though you warned him like 
5 months ago.. 

-to fighting with the vendors because your not 
meeting last yrs buys... in addition that you are requesting a heap load of RTV's and/or Markdown $.. 

basically just write my company a big fat check cuz your shit aint selling... 




here's one mind blowing conversation: 
vendor: "since we our businesses have such a great relationship, we will join together so that we can create profit for both of our businesses in the bad economy"

me: "great what did you have in mind?"

vendor: "if you double your buys with us, we will give you a 60% IMU"

me: (Choking) "you need to talk to my boss"

i don't see how doubling my buys and doubling my inventory to the sizes of macy's inventory (who i might add has moved there entire buying divisions to the east coast...thank you god!!) is completely insane!!!

umm were in a economic slump... that don't mean 
were rollin in the doe.



so i was comforted when I found this story on


this article does a great job of explaining what we buyers maybe going through.. and the stresses of buying smaller, later, and with NO MONEY..

1 comment:

KATLIN said...

Good site! I lurve them.