Monday, February 23, 2009

..and the winner goes to...

ok.. 
so i was so stoked over the oscars this year
(maybe its because nothing better to do and i missed the grammys)
but as retarded as I am, I started watching all the E! pre-shows around 1ish...

the trends still the same from the AA:
-beige, white, ivory hues
-strapless & asymmetrical
- light weight fabrics with soft draping
-encrusted and/or sequenced bodices
-chunky ass jewelry


here are my picks of the night...


  
frieda pinto in john galliano / angelina jolie in ellie saab
..ok who doesn't love galliano? / my favorite dress of the night..


penelope cruz in vintage pierre balmain / melissa george in D&G
this dress is 60 yrs old!! / love the boning structure of this dress


taraji p. henson in roberto cavalli / miley cyrus in zuhair murad
like galliano, you always love cavalli / love the dress..her not so much..


natalie portman in rodarte / kate winslet in atelier YSL by stefano pilati
love the intricate draping on the bust / my heart will go on... 


marissa tomei in versace/ nicole kidman in l'wrenn scott
i pity the person who had to draw that pattern up.. / wonder if she has allergies 

all pictures from oscars.com 
(except kidman)

3 comments:

KATLIN said...

I liked Tilda Swinton and Frieda the best. Haven't seen that many pics, but those were the ones I liked. Oh, and we took up my precious time by looking at mothereffing Oscar pics in textiles today. Forgot to tell you about that. She's crazy.

Lesley said...

Thanks for the comment! I really lovedd Natalie Portman's dress!

miss d said...

katlin.. hahhahahha i told she was crazy.. but thats the joy of being in fashion.. you get to look at oscar pictures with crazy teachers!!! don't you love it!!!!