Thursday, April 2, 2009

..maybe i don't suck... that much

just received an award for undergraduate sustainable design from the international textile and apparel association (ITAA)

for my senior fashion show, 
all seniors along with their line has to create 3 category garments.  since this world is turning into a place where if its not environmentally friendly then you out to go to hell and burn, 
 we created a "go green" garment.. 
(you should able to figure out the rest)

funny thing..

 no one cared to tell me... 

found out by shamefully googling myself on a boring sunday waiting for the laundry to finish... may i add many many months later

this is what I stumbled across:


i guess after contacting my teacher (who happened to attend the conference but somehow didn't know that his student received an award..dumb-ass) i received this nifty card-stock award...  sadly i wasn't good enough for the scholarship check... crap..  that could have solved some problems..



my "t-shirt dress"

made out of old cheerleading...(yes i said cheerleading...) t-shirts and hand dyed

they say when entering the contest (in hopes you get accepted) that it does great wonders to your fashion career to participate let alone win an award from the ITAA organization......

let see how that works out... i have my doubts

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Well CONGRATS!!! At least you won an award! :-)