Saturday, April 25, 2009

..book worm..


ok i finally found time to blog after all this mayhem going on.. inventory, previewing holiday 09 lines, school, projects, unpacking, laundry, bills, doggie check ups, etc...  yeah im a bit pooped.. so i decided to take a break and blog about nothing important... like always.. 

so in search for the perfect gift for my roommate urple (since urban was doing nothing friendly to my wallet), my bf's friend recommended this sick bookstore off of sunset in LA:

Space 15 Twenty
1520 N. Cahuenga Blvd., Suite 8
Los Angeles, CA 90028

this bookstore is completely devoted to the arts and architecture.  it was like a candy store for my bf who ran straight to the graphics section and for me who b-lined to the fashion section.   if it wasn't for my bursting blatter, we probably would have pulled out a picnic matt and stayed there all day.  yeah like those nut-cases who hide in the hallways and read books all day.. yeah we would have thrown out our dignity for a few hrs of that... 

after the oohing and ahhing (not to mention the jumping up and down to subside my urge to piss myself) i finally found a coffee table book on warhol perfect for the girl next door.... (now if she likes/loves warhol? no clue.. but it was worth a shot...) 


warhol by: eric shanes

this book show cased his contemporary art that transformed the line between fine arts & popular culture.  here is some pics that i found interesting of warhol's work.....


enjoy..

3 comments:

Lorna said...

school?
you're back in school?

miss d said...

yeah, im just taking 1 class that allows me to go to NYC on a fashion tour.. hehehe.. i think we should go to italy again...

Lorna said...

heller, i don't come back here to check if you responded to my comments, lol. u must reply back to me elsewhere!
i just came back here to check what you meant when u said, "every time i click on your name it takes me to this asian chick's page" (or something like that)
so i did what you did and i realized what u meant!
1. NO i don't have a blog.
2. that's another blog that i commented on. so i guess that's why it took u there?!
3. that asian chick is one of my teens :P